• Americans buy more than 14 million gallons of toothpaste every year.
• Coconuts are a natural anti-bacterial food and can help reduce the risk of developing gum disease and cavities.
• Halloween is the biggest candy-selling holiday, followed by Christmas, Easter, and Valentine's Day.
• 25% of adults DO NOT brush twice a day. This increases their risk of developing tooth decay by 33%.
• Roughly 75% of school children worldwide have active dental cavities.
• 48% of young adults have untagged themselves from a photo on Facebook because of their smile.
• 90% of a bad breath smell originates in the mouth.
• People who smoke are 2-7 times more likely to develop periodontal disease than non-smokers.
• It was customary during the middle ages to kiss a donkey if you had a toothache.
• Tooth enamel is the hardest structure in the human body.
• Roughly 25% of American adults have no teeth.
• The average human being produces 100,000 gallons of saliva during their lifetime.
• Tooth decay is the second most common disease, second only to the common cold.
People prefer blue toothbrushes to red ones.
• Teeth start to form before we are born.
• Almost 65 million American adults have some form of periodontal disease. Of this number 38.4% are women, 56.4% are men.
• Expectant mothers with poor oral hygiene are 7X more likely to deliver premature and low birth weight babies.
• 95% of American adults with diabetes also have periodontal disease.
• People with periodontal disease are 2X more likely to develop heart disease.
• People who drink 3 or more cans of pop daily have 62% more tooth decay, fillings, and tooth loss than people that don't drink pop.
• The first toothbrush with bristles was made in China in 1498. Bristles from hogs, horses, and badgers were used.
• Replacing a toothbrush after illnesses helps prevent the potential for re-infection.
• It takes 43 muscles to frown. It only takes 17 to smile.
61% of adults are attracted to somebody by their smile alone.